Monday, November 16, 2009

Out of the closet (as an Obama voter)

So pretty much my whole office (possibly excepting my boss, who wasn't in the room) now knows I voted for Obama. If I lived in any normal city in Texas, this would probably still make me in the minority at the DA's office, but it wouldn't be a big deal. Because I work in the 106th District, though, I'm probably the only liberal for something like 50 miles. (I'm guessing there's a few in Lubbock and Midland, since they both have universities...) Although, to be fair, I know there were at least SOME Obama voters in all four counties in our district, since I looked it up when Danielle was here a couple months ago. I sent a text to about a dozen people this evening saying something along the lines of "So today I was outed as an Obama voter" and I'm basically writing this entry to chronicle some of the responses:

"Oh dear" - DT
"Uh oh, no trial for you!" - MW
"Oh no. You still have a job?" - LN
"Uh oh... Will there be trouble now?" - AW
"Oh dear how did that go?" - KB
"Have you been tarred and feathered yet??" - KC

and my personal favorite:

"Is the lynch mob forming?" - DK

Funny side note: I told my mom "Today I was outed as an Obama voter" and either she didn't hear or didn't understand what I said, because she asked me what that meant. Sigh/<3

3 comments:

  1. You're lucky, at least you're outed. I'm still not outed as a democrat and I've been in the same workplace for 15 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JC has decided against the lynch mob and will just post unflattering pictures of you accross town.

    ReplyDelete