Monday, January 18, 2010

Baby prosecutor school

I spent the last ten days in Austin. It was amazing and made me realize how much I miss living in a sprawling urban area, since I hadn't realized that already. I roomed with Katie M. during baby prosecutor school and was able to spend time with several other people from UH who have ended up in various DA's offices in Texas. (Special shout out to Alli and Farnaz.) I feel like it was useful but would have been more so if my office were more misdemeanor and more trial oriented. Oh well. I was able to spend two consecutive weekends with Kyle, which was nice. Jordan's wedding was fun but kind of surreal. I ended up spending most of the time hanging out with Dr. Latimore from Trinity, which was fun but it felt weird to attend a Catholic wedding mass while sitting next to a Baptist minister. One of my favorite parts of going to a wedding is just seeing how they do the wedding and reception, because every wedding is different. I'd never been to a Catholic wedding before, so it was interesting.

In other news, I'm eight episodes into re-watching season one of Glee, which is now officially a golden globe winner, for best comedy/musical. :) I can't think of anything else particularly exciting in my life, other than the fact that I bought a lamp and an end table while I was in Austin. Both are now assembled and in my living room. Woo.

Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. But... aren't you Catholic? How have you never been to a Catholic wedding? ;)

    ReplyDelete