Thursday, August 6, 2009

Playing catch up

Sorry for the lapse in blogging (although I really wonder if anyone noticed). Last weekend Kyle was here, (huzzah!) and we ended up spending Saturday afternoon and evening in Lubbock because Lamesa's pretty boring. But we did see "Public Enemies," which was ok but not as awesome as I had hoped. Tuesday I had internet installed,(yay!) and today I had my first CLE class. Woo. Three hours of legislative update. At least it was in Midland, so we went to Carino's for lunch. Good stuff. :) Tonight I had someone come to my door to ask if they could do a free water test. I let them, which took almost 2 hours and an attempted sales job (for a water softener machine thing) and resulted in my liking Lamesa water even less than I did before. It's kind of gross. But I don't really like soft water, either, because it feels slimy to me. I'm just used to good old hard Texas water, I guess.

In other news, here's my travel plans for the next couple months: Columbus and Austin and home in August, Austin and San Antonio (for CLE classes) in September, and home and Houston in October. I'm supposed to be getting the puppy when I go home at the end of August. She's a husky/shiba inu mix and I'm going to name her "Scout." For anyone who's interested, the plan now is to go tubing over Labor Day weekend...read, IF YOU WANT TO COME TUBING WITH US (ME) LABOR DAY WEEKEND, COME TO AUSTIN! The Mondays of Labor Day and Columbus Day are county holidays, so I get the day off, so I'm thinking...travel? Yes! Discuss among yourselves and in comments or emails whether these weekends are good for me to visit and whether I'll get to see you when I'm in town. Also, this means the weekends I'm not going to be visiting elsewhere, I'm open to host visitors (hint, hint).

I think that's all, folks. Have a good night!

2 comments: